Monday, September 22, 2008

What an interesting class!

Hello, students! Thanks for such great participation last week! I am sorry that I didn't blog last week when I got sick.

I was fascinated to learn so much about the Mid-Autumn Festival and how you all celebrate it a little bit differently in your own countries. Now I will be looking at the Jade Rabbit in the moon-but I will imagine him cleaning his toilet!

I also was interested to hear of the baby formula scandal in China. It is so sad that greedy companies care more about making money than keeping babies healthy.  We saw something similar in the 1970s and 1980s with the U.S. company, Nestle, which sold formula to developing nations and caused the deaths of many children.  It seems that even after the boycott, they are still selling these products. 

We also talked about the ways we treat our pets, which can be very silly at times.  When we were doing our magazine assignment, I found this article about presidential pets in America.  I am looking forward to hearing more of what you think is interesting in the world today.


1 comment:

Sunny said...

Hi, I don't know how to attach this youtube video, but here is the Mashimaro video(^^) He is so cute!! Also we can understand without languages.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=C_3R4fYNY9Y