Monday, September 8, 2008

Thank you to the students who commented. It will count as homework credit for you. And thank you all for such interesting conversations last week.  I don't think any of us were expecting to spend so much time talking about toilets and bidets in different countries!  I found out that in Taiwan there is a restaurant called Modern Toilet.  I don't think I will order chocolate ice cream there!  

I hope you will be coming in with more stories to share this week, whether it is something from the news, something you saw on television, or just something from your own experience.  We will be talking about human interest stories this week too.  Here is one example of a human interest story.  This brave woman strangled a man who broke into her home in the night. But it turned out to be much stranger than that! Read it and let me know what you think. 

Please, share some links or stories of your own.  

2 comments:

Sam Song said...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MedicalMysteries/story?id=5715902&page=1

Something interesting is going on in the world.

Sunny said...

Hi everyone!!

Finally, it is Friday! Yeah(^^)

I found the news of Fake Disneyland In China! It is Japanese, but I sammarize it, so if you have time(^^)
See you!! Have a nice weekend!!

Sunny