Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It is finally here, after we have talked so much about it.  No matter who the winners are, this will be a historical election.   By the time the day is over, the United States will have either its first African American president or its first female vice president. I am very proud to live in a time when that is possible.

Here is a link to explain why Americans vote on a Tuesday.  It is hard to think of America as a land of farmers, isn't it?

I am so sorry that I couldn't be in class with you today. I am curious to hear how the class voting turned out, and whether it was similar to the national results.  

I am voting today, along with the seven other members of my family.  I have a feeling that about three of us will be voting for the McCain/Palin ticket, while the other five vote for the Obama/Biden ticket.  I am happy that we can vote differently but still love and respect each other.

I appreciate that every four years I have the opportunity to vote for my leaders.  And even though it doesn't always go smoothly, as in 2000, there is always a peaceful transfer of power.  

What was interesting to you this election year?  Do you have anything similar in your country?  Do you prefer how it is done in your country?  I would love to hear your opinions on this subject.

No comments: